If you are looking for a top quality flower modelling paste that performs exceptionally, especially in our Australian climate, By Caitlin Mitchell gum paste, previously branded as Menina flower paste is ideal! By Caitlin Mitchell Gum Paste is the exact same formula as the Menina sugar flower paste and can still be rolled thin without cracking to create beautiful, detailed flowers. By Caitlin Mitchell gum paste can also be used to make figurines or even shaped cutouts for your cake or cupcakes.
Made locally in QLD, By Caitlin Mitchel gum / flower paste is formulated to withstand humid QLD summers.
While we transition from Menina Flower Paste to By Caitlin Mitchell Gum Paste you may be sent either brand, however they are both the exact same product, made with the same formula, just with different packaging.
- Knead your desired portion of Gum / Flower Paste
- Rub a smear of moulding fat on your board and roll to desired thickness.
- In humid conditions, use a little corn starch to stop it getting sticky.
- By Caitlin Mitchell Gum / Flower paste can be frozen for long periods of time. Before re-using let it come to room temperature and knead well with Menina Satin fat or corn starch.
- The colours are concentrated but all the colours are compatible due to the exclusive formulation.
- If you find the paste is too slack which should not be the case, then the addition of pure icing sugar would suffice. In high humid conditions create the drying conditions for your finished piece; after all we are working predominantly with sugar. Dehumidification of a room (air conditioning) can help.
- By Caitlin Mitchell Gum / Flower paste is freeze thaw stable so it can be used over and over to eliminate any wastage, under the right conditions will dry quickly and should require the minimum of petal propping.
- After use, place it back in the plastic bag and seal in the container.
Jet Black, Burgundy, Daffodil, Fuchsia, Gum Leaf Green, Light Green, Pink, Red, Royal Blue & White