Graphic Design & Marketing
Who are we?
Lollipop Cake Supplies is a family owned business that started its roots in the e-commerce space and has grown into the bricks and mortar retail space.
Our passion is about all things cake decorating and between all of our staff we have in excess of 50 years experience in the cake decorating industry. Lollipop Cake Supplies sells everything you need to make a cake, cupcake or any other sweet treat. We offer in store private classes, group classes and friendly helpful service.
The role will be based from our Eatons Hill store on the northside of Brisbane.
About the role
Reporting directly to the directors of the business your responsibilities will be to;
- Design, create and update marketing material ready for printing and online publication. These include but are not limited to website banners, Facebook Ads and Instagram material.
- Collate and create content for our newsletter (weekly campaign email)
- Photograph new products and edit them for publication online
- Create marketing material to support the new products
- Update the website with new products including imagery and content whilst maintaining the existing products
- SEO work to maintain our online presence
- Support the Course & Marketing Administrator by creating content for use on Facebook & Instagram as well as posters in store
- Assist with the operation of our Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Assist with the creation of videos for use online via the website & YouTube
- Ability to work with Macs however we won’t hold it against you if you’re a Windows user!
- Work with our web developer to create efficiencies within our CMS and a better experience to our customers
- Admin support as required
Whilst your role will be based around Graphic Design and Marketing, you won’t be chained to your desk. As our business and industry grows, there is opportunity to assist in other areas of the business. It can be a hands on job at times, however thoroughly rewarding whilst working with a fun and vibrant team.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have product marketing experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in all aspects of graphic design and marketing. The successful candidate will require the following attributes;
- Graphic design experience with proficiencies in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office. Other graphic design applications will be considered
- Marketing experience within the retail and e-commerce space
- Knowledge of the aspects of managing an e-commerce site. The platform isn’t important, the ability to learn is a must
- Knowledge of EDM using a custom mailing system
- Proficient in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube
- Understanding of SEO within the e-commerce sector
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously whilst interacting with our team to gather ideas and knowledge of the products you are working with
- Formal qualifications in Graphic Design and Marketing
- Knowledge of cake decorating would be great, however a willingness to learn is sufficient
If you possess the above skills, have a positive “can do” attitude and would love to work within a small team environment then please apply now. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too!
To apply successfully please supply your resume, cover letter, samples of your work in pdf format or via an online portfolio. Please apply by clicking on the link below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.