Chocolate Transfer sheets are a sturdy but flexible plastic sheet coated with a mixture of cocoa butter and FS ANZ approved food colouring, which has been etched with a repetitive design. They come in a wide variety of designs and colours.
You can use the transfer sheets on any flat chocolate surface or to decorate biscuits, cakes and deserts. Just apply the same basic application method to whatever you wish to decorate - you can achieve amazing and impressive results with ease.
Chocolate Transfer sheets can be used with any type of chocolate. Milk or dark chocolate will show gold designs to their best advantage, white chocolate will highlight pastel or lighter colours with great effect. Each sheet is for one application only. You can cut sheets to the specific size you require and tape them together on the underside to make longer strips.
HOW TO USE:
- Pour melted chocolate over the textured side of the sheet.
- Working quickly, spread the chocolate to get an even and smooth coverage over the sheet. An offset metal spatula works best for this. Do not overwork the chocolate as you may start to smear the design pattern underneath.
- Without moving it, leave the chocolate covered sheet, so that the chocolate can begin to set.
- Once it starts to set but is not yet hard - the chocolate will look dull - you can then cut it into shapes using a cookie cutter, pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- If you find that a large amount of chocolate is sticking to the knife, or is being "dragged" through the cuts, wait another minute or two for the chocolate to set further. After you have made the cuts, let the chocolate set completely at room temperature.
- Gently peel away the plastic sheet - leaving the edible design on the chocolate's surface.