Create stunning desserts, panna cotta or jelly with the incredible Jel-it-in Gelling Powder from Queen. This amazing product is an alternative to standard gelatine and is vegan and vegetarian friendly.
Use this fast working gelling powder to create all your favourite savoury and sweet delicate desserts that will hold shape even out of the fridge! Simply add to your recipes and create delicious set desserts, once the Jel-it-in has started to cool, it will set quite quickly allowing your desserts and treats to form quickly with ease.
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Sprinkle one 8g sachet of Jel-it-in into at least 200ml cold liquid (each Jet-it-in sachet will set 500ml liquid). Stir throughly to dissolve.
- Combine dissolved Jel-it-in and remaining ingredients in a saucepan, and gently heat to boiling point. Simmer for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a mould or dish. Chill for at least an hour until set. If mixture won't set, add a little more Jel-it-in to the mixture and repeat step 2.
TIPS FOR USE:
- Jel-it-in is ideal for jellies, panna cotta and other 'set' desserts
- It is essential that Jel-it-in is heated to boiling point to activate. The mixture will start to set immediately upon cooling, so work quickly.
- For high fat and acidic recipes, use two sachets.
- Jel-it-in is not suitable for marshmallow or mousse, but works well for cheesecake with a little recipe modification (see box for recipe).
8 Sachets - 64g total
Dried Glucose Syrup (from corn), Gelling Agents: Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum; Stabilisers: Potassium Chloride, Calcium Acetate.